Textile Designing: Best Guide(2020)
Have you ever analyze different colorful fabric at cloth stores that make and design attractive and beautiful dresses? Have you ever try to design your clothes. Textile designers perform such activities with a deep understanding of the technical aspect that whether the fabric will be made of cotton, woven, or knitting. They looked around the different texture of the fabric and then designs according to demanded customers or clients.
In this article, we will be going to explore some techniques, procedures, several textile designing types, future scope, and its importance, we also describe some different activities involve in it so, read it completely till end.
Textile designing is a vast and creative field. It’s a very large pool that consists of different segments like fashion design, carton, bedsheet, towels, drapes, rugs, dress design, carpet manufacturing, and also includes many other cloth-related fields.
Textile designing might sound very simple but in other words, it involves a different combination of artistic skill and advanced technology. The designer decides what type of fabric should be made of and which threads would be suitable to weave together for the desired outcome. Like you see around many stores that some fabric is very soft and luxurious, some are very light or warmth feeling when you wear them.
Process and Techniques:
Now lets we talk about the textile designing procedure and its techniques. Most designers start withdrawing or sketches with a pencil or paper, analyzing all the possible ideas. Expert designers use Computer-aided Drawing Software known a CAD. This software is used for making precise two or three-dimensional illustrations on the computer.
By using this software, the textile designer can easily make changes or modifications in patterns as they want to produce. COD makes work very easier and time-saving too.
After that designer selects a particular design pattern and decides on the color of the background fabric then the design comes out on a printer image. In this segment, a special term is used for the person who specializes in consulting on color trends and color effects on fabric that is called “Textile Colorists”, >>they are experts in color combination techniques and mixing and matching skills. Designers also decide the length of the design, how much time it will print on the fabric, and the number of repetitions.
Types of Textile Designs:
· Printed Textile Design
· Woven Textile Design
· Mixed Media Textile Design
Printed Textile Design:
In this design application of different printing processes to cloth or fabric such as relief printing, resist printing, screen printing, rotogravure, digital printed, and transfer printing.
Woven Textile Design:
Woven textile designs are created by multiple types of looms and such designs are made by using computerized od mechanized Jacquard Loom. They use a large range of yarn type for producing woven fabric. The most common process of woven textile designs is plain weave, twill weave that uses hounds-tooth or herringbone patterns and then they choose two or more contrast colors based on the thread sequence of designer’s selection.
Mixed Media Textile Design:
In mixed media textile design embroidery and other different stuff are used like appliqué, pleating, laser cutting, and quilting. There are so many embroidery stitches that are used such as cross-stitch, chain stitch, satin stitch, couching. All hand embroidery stitches are examples of Fine Art Textiles.
Classification of Design According to The Motif:
Allover Layout: In this layout, motifs are distributed all over the fabric with regular or irregular spacing in various directions.
Natural design: In this design, motifs are collected from nature like flowers, creeper, leaves, hills, animals, rivers, mountains, and streams are taken as subject matter.
Conventional Design: In the conventional design, an object from nature adapted to suit the purpose of the object then decorative the motif ceases to be naturalistic.
Geometric design: In geometric design, motif like circles, oval, triangular, square, rectangle, parallel lines, and more different shapes are used to make the design.
Abstract design: This design follows certain complicated motifs to sketch anything. The motif does not have nature as the source but the combination of lines producing an irregular form which do not easily recognize. Modern art is an abstract design.
Stylized design: Stylized design where the designers use his or her personal creative power giving due importance of the time being natural stylized designs is made of through basic system.
Classification of design on the base of beauty:
Distinctive design: This distinctive design differentiates the address for its special tracing.
Classic design: The design helps dresses to be differentiated easily are called classic design.
Ordinary design: In this process dresses are designed plainly, it may be considered as an ordinary one or a special one.
Poor design: The name shows that it is a design that does not add and increase beauty that’s why it may be considered as an ordinary one.
Classification of Design concerning Sense and Personality:
Athletic design: The athletic design is used on sports, games, and exercises related dresses like cricket, football, basketball, swimming, and running.
Romantic design: The dress is specially made to reveal out or express cheer of mind, emotion, and imaging concept is called romantic design.
Gram men design: It is the dress that reveals out overflowing youth after design. The word gram man means-small in size, young in age, and friendly casual in a manner to add these specialties.
Protective clothing may be defined as clothing that includes those protectors which replace or cover personal clothing and which are designed to protect against different problems and hazards and encounter during specific types of work.
For example, such garments protect against cuts, abrasion, ballistic and other types of severe impact, including stab-wounds and explosions, fire and extreme heat, biological and chemical hazards, high voltages, hazardous dust and particles, nuclear, static electricity, and extreme cold.
Protection clothing protects against extreme heat or cold, fire, rain, toxic gases, body fluids, germs, snow, dust, wind or UV exposure, penetration or skin contact of hazardous chemicals, or radioactive particulate matter.
Types of Protective Cloth:
1. Protection against mechanical impact:
A special dress which must be sufficiently shock-absorbent to prevent injury resulting, in particular from the crushing.
• Motorcyclists’ protective clothing
• Protective clothing for horse riders like body and shoulder protector, protective jackets
• Protective clothing for professional motorcycle riders like trousers, jackets, one-piece or divided suits
2. Protection against physical injury for example perforation, cuts, bites):
· Protective clothing against perforation cut resistant protective clothing.
· Aprons, trousers, and vest protecting against cuts and stabs by hand knives
· Protective clothing for blasting operations using granular abrasives
· Protective clothing for users resistance to cutting by a chainsaw
3. Protection of drowning:
• Lifejackets, lifesaving suit
• Buoyancy aids clothing which will ensure an effective degree of buoyancy
4. Protection against heat and/or fire:
• Protective clothing for protection against flame and heat
• Protective clothing for firefighters
• Protective clothing for use in welding processes
• Protective clothing for workers exposed to heat
• Protective clothing against the thermal hazards
• Protective clothing with electrostatic resistance – when the worker is exposed to environments where a spark could cause explosions and disaster at petrol stations, petrol tanker drivers, flour mills, clean rooms, etc.
• Protective clothing for automobile racing drivers
5. Protection against different electric shock:
• Electrical insulating protective clothing for low-voltage installation
• Conductive clothing for live working at a nominal voltage
• Protective shielding clothing for live working
6. Protection against radiation:
• Protective clothing against radioactive contamination
• Protective clothing against radioactive particulate matter
7. Protection against dangerous substances and infective agents:
· Clothing for protection against itching and penetration or skin contact with dangerous chemicals, toxic gases, body fluids:
· Protective clothing for protection against chemicals
· Clothing for protection against liquid chemicals
Classification of Medical-Functional Cloth Designing:
• Healthcare or hygienic uniform
• Clothing for nursing staff like the nursing uniform
• Clothing for patients, patient wear, scrubs
• Medical coats, gown
• Medical protective clothing in (IW) isolation wards and (ICU) intensive care units
• Protective gown or dress for the dentist
• Protective gown for veterinary
2. Surgical clothing:
• Surgeon’s gowns, caps, shoes
• Surgical cover fabrics
• Surgical staff hosiery
• Surgical hosiery with advanced characteristics
3. Therapeutic clothing:
• Pressure clothing dress
• Tubular elasticized garment
• Far infrared therapeutic clothing
• Infrared shape wears clothing
• Anti-microbiological underwear
“The Textilemarkeet.com is a huge plate farm where you can easily enhance your business by advertising your great products at a very friendly reasonable price. Textilemarkeet.com provides opportunities in Textile designing including all related aspects so feel free to hire their skillful and experienced designers to make and design your customer's clothes or a fabric similar to market scenario and future forecasted demands.”
Scope of Textile Deigning:
After understanding the term textile designing, its types, and classifications we can say that there is a vast scope all over the world because people world-wide engage in wearing new, different, fashion styles, and up-to-date which have a unique but attractive style that may be knitted or printed. People always love to wear something different from the previous one.
If you have a perfect mind to design various type of prints and sound technical knowledge about all aspect of Textile Designing then there is a huge demand for you, if you are great in the knitted formation and can excel in different amazing characteristic in textile designing then you can become successful in future and present also. The scope of textile designing in Pakistan is marvelous in the present and future not only in Pakistan but also worldwide.
There is an increasing demand for fabric designers including the fashion industry, interior furniture, fabric manufacturers, merchandisers, printing work, freelance designing, working in designing studios, and also in-house designing.
So without wasting your precious time just come and get involved in this field and keep growing with flying colors.
By: Sadaf Hanif